11 February 2007

Underestimating the jetlag

It is six in the morning. Me and Henrik is sitting in the control room and we just started the latest measurement. Tine and Robert went to bed a couple of hours ago and I think they will return around 7-ish.
Things are going quite well with the experiment, and I'm slowly beginning to understand parts of what's really going on.

Yesterday I ended up doing an 'all nighter', and when I went back to sleep, I couldn't. I guess I underestimated the jetlag. When I finally fell asleep I ended up sleeping till five in the afternoon, so I almost didn't see sun today.
I don't know when I'm going to sleep today, but we have to check out at 10 tomorrow, so I won't be getting much rest.

People have asked me about more technical details concerning the project. I'm working on another, more official, blog which(hopefully) will be ready in a couple of days.

As you may have seen, I have added some pictures to the blog. It occurred to me that none of the pictures contained people, so here's a picture of our team:

From the left it's Robert, Tine, me and Henrik.
The picture was taken at this really nice Chinese restaurant Shin-ichi took us to today.

If you want to see some more pictures, I have created a flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tobiasharlang/

So, these are my final hours at KEK. Tomorrow I will be going to Tokyo! I'm really looking foreward to it, even though none of us has had the time to check out where to go. I guess we will figure it out on the 45 min train ride.

Sayonara

No comments: